Posted by weeza | Posted in Tutorials | Posted on 31-07-2010
I recently made a custom order diaper bag and burp cloths for my friend Erin of Krug’s Ecologic. The burp cloths were easy to make and turned out so nice that I thought I would write up a little tutorial. This is a sewing project for all skill levels.
-One piece of fabric at least 7.5″ X 15″
-One Gerber Weave Flatfold Cloth Diaper
-Thread to match fabric
1. Cut fabric into a 7.5″ X 15″ rectangle and the cloth diaper into three rectangles of the same size.
2. Stack cloth diaper pieces on top of each other. Place fabric on top of cloth diaper pieces, right side facing down.
3. Sew pieces together, keeping an opening on one side big enough to pull the fabric through. (Sew using 1/4″ seam allowance) Trim corners.
4. Turn fabric right side out through hole. Press
5. Top Stitch around entire rectangle.
And you’re done:) Roll it up, tie a ribbon around it and you have one super cute handmade baby shower gift.
*burp cloth pictured above is folded just to show what both sides look like.