Posted by weeza | Posted in Tutorials | Posted on 21-04-2010
Tags: child, children, hair accessory, head scarf, sewing tutorial, tutorial
Looking for a quick and fun sewing project? Not only are these head scarves super cute, they are a great way to use up your fabric scraps as well.
-2 pieces of fabric at least 11″x 15″
-32″ long piece of 1/2 inch double sided binding
1. Cut a triangle out of both pieces of fabric. The measurements for the triangle are 12″ x 12″ x 14″
2. Put the 2 pieces of fabric right sides together.
3. Pin the two shorter sides and leave the longer side open. Sew the shorter sides using 1/4″ seam. Clip corners.
4. Turn fabric right side out and press. Top stitch the two shorter sides using about a 1/8″ seam.
5. Open up the binding and place the long end of the triangle inside the fold. Make sure it is in the center of the binding then pin it.
6. Sew the two open ends of the binding together. Use a 1/8″ seam.
7. Congrats! You’re done.
Hope you have fun with this project. Please send pics of your finished head scarves so I can share them here.